One can only dream


When i was like 10 years old I fell in love with Italy.
It all started when me and my sister attended this Italian School "Nostra Signora Di Pompei" (Our Lady of Pompei) managed mostly by Italian catholic priests....or at least that's how i remember it. They would teach Italian as part of their school regular classes and i was really excited about it, i had made the decision that i was going to take advantage of it and learn it really good, only to discover that it was a subject to be teach until the 5th Grade and i was about to start the 6th grade. I was so sad and disappointed :(
My neighbor and best friend at the time, however, was a student at the same school since she was little and that's where she ultimately graduated from. She would have me practice her Italian homework with her and i would happily do it...What a little Nerd!
I learn quite a few things and the language was so captivating, that even now as a grownup i still find myself many times saying "I wish i could speak Italian"
I hope i can actually learn it one day.
I also hope i can go there on a trip and visit as many places as i can, take lots of pictures, eat until my belly hurts & drink wine and watch the sunset, hopefully with my significant other. :)
...:::Sigh:::...One can only dream
One day I'll be able to do it, for now i gotta travel the cheapest way i know....Google images Ha!!
Here are a few of my favorite pics so far....i hope you enjoy them ;)

Portofino


Venice



Torino


Florence


Tuscany


Rome



0 comments:

Post a Comment